Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two Pigs in the Mud!

So, I started a carpool this week with a family in my neighborhood. She drives to school and I pick up. On Monday, the first day of carpool, I picked up Ammon and Breydon, who is 7 1/2. When Breyden got in and sat down he said, "It smells like two pigs in the mud in here. Maybe I have been smelling too many ferrets, they stink!" I tried so hard not to laugh! You have to understand that Adam is always telling me my car smells and looks like a barn. In my defense, I think most of you with three kids might understand that snacks get left in the car and smashed into the carpet... Anyway, Tuesday, I made sure I cleaned out the van and vacuumed it really well so Breyden didn't make any more farm comments! He hasn't said anything about it stinking since Monday, so hopefully we'll be okay. I should probably get an air freshener or get the upholstery shampooed to help out. Hope this made you laugh and not think I am disgusting. I guess I just have different priorities, and keeping my van in tip-top shape isn't #1. I do care about being clean though, I am just not meticulous about my van. I did want to share something from President Monson that Adam shared with me this morning. "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." (Finding Joy in the Journey Oct. 2008 General Conference). Even though my van smells like two pigs in the mud, my kids and I are happy!

1 comment:

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Thanks for the quote! Just what I needed. Nick and I just had this conversation on the car ride home from Vegas as to why our house is never fully clean! This makes me feel much better! I am going to type it up and put it on the fridge!