Thursday, March 19, 2009
My Van
Okay, I don't know if any of you watched Oprah yesterday, thanks to Keri telling me about it, I watched. It was her Clean up your messy house tour show. She had a family on there and she brought in their car which was very messy. I just wanted to clarify that my van did not and does not look like her car. In defense of myself, I have never lost anything in my car, never been able to not find a gift I purchased and placed in my car, never had my kids grow out of bottles or clothes that were left in the car and there is always enough room for my whole family. When I told Adam about this he laughed. He said that was a pretty low standard to compare myself to. Just to let you know, my van is not always perfectly clean, but it isn't so out of control that it would take me an hour to just sort through the trash in my car with the help of Oprah's staff. My kids and I can usually de-junk the van in about 10 minutes and vacuuming always takes much longer. Since my episode last week, I am proud to say that what goes into the car always comes out when we get home. We have been doing a good job and I am trying to train the kids to be cleaner and more organized. One thing they said on Oprah's show was that when you don't take care of what you have you are teaching your children that it is okay to be irresponsible. Definitely a message I don't want to be sending to my kids. By the way, I organized my whole closet yesterday before I even knew about the Oprah show! Adam came home late and after I told him about the show he noticed the closet and said, "You should watch that show more often!" Silly guy! He makes me laugh. Yes, I do clean things on my own initiative!
No comments:
Post a Comment