Thursday, March 19, 2009

Problem Solving




Last week I made the mistake of getting down a treat for Lily, who had finished her lunch, just as Anna woke up and was getting ready to eat hers. Yeah right! Like Anna is going to eat her bowl of rice when she sees Lily with a piece of chocolate. Ha ha! I would choose the chocolate, wouldn't you?! Well, I tired to give Anna her lunch anyway, and it was met with crying and refusal to eat. So I took her out of her high chair and decided we would just go run errands instead of battling over mealtime. Lily wanted to share her treat but I told her no because that would teach Anna that all she had to do was cry and throw a fit and then she would get what she wanted. While I was getting ready to go, Anna was still crying, it had only been about a minute or two since I had taken her out of her highchair, she suddenly stopped crying and disappeared. She came back into the kitchen carrying the stool from the bathroom. She placed it right next to the fridge and climbed up on it and tried reaching the top of the fridge, which is where I put the treat bag. It was so cute! She barely reached halfway up even with the stool. She didn't care though. She was determined to get that treat bag. What a sweetheart! I thought it was so neat that she figured out a solution to her problem all by herself! What a smart little girl. By the way, no I didn't give her a treat. I grabbed some fruit snacks for her to nibble while we were at the store. Thankfully we ended up at Costco and they had samples, so Anna got her lunch after all!

No comments: