Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Few More From Ammon...


I just remembered a few more funny things from Ammon. A few weeks ago, he and Lily were playing and he said, "You OBAMA LIAR!" To which lily was very upset and came running into me pouting saying that Ammon had called her an Obama liar. Being called a liar is mean enough, but making it a double-whammy by adding Obama to it is a total insult! I guess you can tell that our kids know what we think of Obama. During the election our kids actually thought Obama was a bad word! How funny!

The other thing Ammon said also deals with Obama. I had just brought him home from school and it was the day of the Inauguration. Ammon was telling me he watched it at school and we were talking about it and about Obama. He asked me what I thought about Obama being President because he knew I didn't like him and that I also thought he was a liar. I told him that I didn't have faith in him as our President because he isn't a good man and supports a lot of bad things, but that I would hope and pray that he would do what was right for our country. Then Ammon asked if he could say a prayer. So we knelt down and he said,"Heavenly Father, please help Obama not to do anything bad. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." Okay, can you think of anything sweeter than a six-year-old boy pleading with his Father in Heaven for such an important thing?! The faith of a child is amazing! Just think how many prayers are offered like this. I know Heavenly Father listens and answers. He cannot make Obama do good, but through our prayers, we can certainly help make things better. Don't give up! Thank you Ammon for your awesome example to me! I love you!

No comments: