Thursday, March 5, 2009

Half Snow Day
































Lily helping baby bear make a snow angel!























So Ammon's school was delayed by 2 hours yesterday morning because of snow. There really wasn't very much, but I was happy for the delay. We don't get much snow out here and when we do it melts within a few hours, so we made sure we got out right after breakfast to enjoy it. We played outside from 9:00 until 10:00 and then I took Ammon to school at 11:00. We made a big snowman and the kids had tons of fun. I started a ball for them and they rolled them all over the front lawn to get them bigger. I was really surprised with how big they turned out. I had a difficult time lifting them up to build the snowman. My back was hurting last night and now I think I know why, oops! Anyway, we had lots of fun and it turned out great except that the sun is on him all day so his face keeps falling off and he is leaning really bad. I think he will tip over soon. Oh well, we had fun. Anna did well for awhile but then she had decided she was through. She was super-tired because she went to sleep late and woke up early. She is normally so happy. It was unusual for her to be crying like she was. I tried to take her in and get her snack and open the blinds so she could watch us, but she wasn't happy about being left alone. So then I got her car seat and big warm blanket and got her all comfy on the porch but she was screaming even more. Then I just took her inside and closed the door, because she was only in her pj's. But, she opened the door and came out screaming and kept trying to walk over to me, through the snow, in just her pj's... The neighbors probably thought I was being so mean. So I got her dressed up warm again and just held her and no more tears. Wow, moms are magic. All you have to do is pick them and suddenly, the crying is gone...! All in all it was a great morning and I was thankful for the extra time with Ammon. He and Lily had fun making snow angels and Lily even helped her baby bear who was dressed in a swimsuit, go figure, make a snow angel too! That girl is so sweet. She loves her animals. By the way, we used most of the snow from our front yard and by noon, all the rest had melted. Adam said it looked like we had used all the snow from our neighborhood, silly!

No comments: