I read and pondered this today and it is truly amazing! How blessed I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful for my Savior and His love for me. I am glad to know who I am, why I am here, and where I want to go. The Church is such a strength in my life. I am thankful to have a foundation on which to build my life, my family, and my goals. The world is trying so hard to destroy the family. There is so much out there pulling women in so many different directions. I am so glad to feel united with this declaration. To be proud to be a woman and most importantly a mother! I cannot think of anything else I would rather be doing in life at this time than being a mom. It is truly the greatest and most rewarding job! I absolutely love it! I heard a mom on TV the other day who said it was good for her that her kids were at school and away form her from 8:00a.m. until 5:00 or 6:00p.m. because it didn't suit her personality to be with them more than that! Can you believe that?! I was really sad by her comment. Then last night I heard another mom say that mother-hood is really not precious! Wow! Where are we headed people?! I wish everyone could feel the way about their family that I do about mine. It is total happiness and joy, even with all the chaos and craziness. It is truly the greatest! I hope you feel this way too! Read and ponder this declaration and think about how amazing it is!
We are beloved spirit daughters of God, and our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction. As a worldwide sisterhood, we are united in our devotion to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Exemplar. We are women of faith, virtue, vision, and charity who:
Increase our testimonies of Jesus Christ through prayer and scripture study.
Seek spiritual strength by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Dedicate ourselves to strengthening marriages, families, and homes.
Find nobility in motherhood and joy in womanhood.
Delight in service and good works.
Love life and learning.
Stand for truth and righteousness.
Sustain the priesthood as the authority of God on earth.
Rejoice in the blessings of the temple, understand our divine destiny, and strive for exaltation.
2 comments:
This is such a wonderful post! I feel the same way as you. I never understand the comments some women make about wanting the school year to "finally start" or they "can't wait til their children are old enough for school". I absolutely love having my enitre family together whenever possible. I too am grateful for our church and for its teachings. It is great to know of our own divine nature and it is such a blessing to have been given the opportunity to be a mother. Thank you for posting this!
Thanks for this reminder. I needed it today!
Post a Comment