Monday the kids were talking about the Ice Road Truckers show, the guys who drive their diesels across the ice up in Canada in the winter. We watched it a few times while we were in Vegas. It has obviously been awhile since they have seen it and I don't know why they started talking about it. Anyway, Ammon was reminding Lily of how sometimes the ice breaks and the truckers fall through and die. Lily had the perfect solution, "If they'd had floaties..."! Okay, I totally busted up laughing to myself. Then they started laughing, not because of me, but because they started talking about how the truckers could have used a baby tube and that would have been silly because they would look like babies! Are you laughing yet?! Can you imagine these big burly truckers wearing floaties and baby tubes and see Ammon and Lily laughing about it? I think my kids are hilarious!
A few weeks ago we were talking about bedtime and I was reminding the kids that they need to not talk, but sleep. I already mentioned how Ammon sleeps in Lily's room. Lily said to me, "Yeah mom, I'm real snappity about talking!" Me, "Really?" Lily, "Yes! I snap snap snap and I talk talk talk!" Then Ammon piped up in a totally serious voice, "Yeah, and you need to be quiet because I got a lot of hard work at school for three months and then I go to second grade." Where do these kids learn to talk?
Yesterday Ammon was telling us about a kid in his class who he doesn't like because he is mean. He talks about this boy a lot. Yesterday the boy asked Ammon for an eraser and he let him borrow one and then he asked for another...until finally Ammon had given him all his erasers. When Ammon asked for them back the boy wouldn't return them. Now, this is coming from a six-year-old and I don't know how accurate his stories always are and Ammon tends to be a little bit dramatic. I told him to ask the boy nicely today to give them back and if that did not work to explain it to his teacher and get her help. So we were talking about this for awhile and suddenly Lily throws out her arms like a referee saying SAFE and says in a totally serious and adult like-Lily voice, "Ammon, lets just respect this conversation. You need to go and talk to your principle." Ammon replied, "No Lily, this is a little problem and I can work it out on my own." Good boy Ammon! I love it when the kids use words in the wrong way or think it means something it doesn't. They are growing up so fast and learning so much. They make me smile with the silly things they say. I love them!
The kids love Martha Speaks on PBS. Yesterday they learned the word STUPENDOUS. They used it all day long. They called everything stupendous and most of the time Lily kept saying "stupenous!" I think my kids are stupendous!
No comments:
Post a Comment