Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now!





These were taken back in January and I had no idea that Lily was even putting makeup on. We left to get Ammon from school and she did this while we were on our way to pick him up. When he got in the car he said, "Mom, what happened to Lily?!" I turned around and saw her face and laughed so hard. I felt so bad because we made her feel totally embarrassed. As soon as we got home I ran to get the camera and she was already in the bathroom trying to clean it off. I took her picture before she got it all off. She was sad and I felt terrible. We were on our way out the door for a bike ride and she didn't want to go outside until her makeup was off because she didn't want anyone to see her. We worked it all out and she ended up being happy and as you can see, she still loves her makeup! By the way, she has on lipstick, not eye shadow. I had a little Mary Kay lipstick sample that came with a little brush to apply it. It looked like it could have been eyeshadow, at least to a 4 year old. So it was a little difficult to get off because you know how lipstick is, and it was so dark!


















































Lily loves makeup! She has gotten into all my old stuff, that hasn't been worn for almost nine years, wow! Anyway, she absolutely loves to dress up and look pretty. She is so cute. Well, Anna is now liking it too! She is a baby and she likes makeup?! She cries when I take it away from her and clean her up. It is so sad to hear her cry like that. She acts like her heart is broken. Yesterday Lily and Ammon put a little on her and then left it where she could reach it. She came into me and her face was covered! She just kept putting on and in her left eye. I think they were really irritated, poor girl. She looked so cute though and she was so proud of herself! She loves to look pretty. What am I going to do? She and Lily are so girlie and I am not, I think I am in for it. Well, the other thing Lily loves to do is paint her nails. She is actually getting pretty good at it. Yesterday before dinner she disappeared and came out with bright pink nails and toenails too. She did a great job. Today she wanted purple to match her dress, so she redid it. She cracks me up. Girls are so fun. I love them both so much!

No comments: