Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sleep Walking


I think that occasionally Lily sleep walks, but only when she uses the bathroom in the middle of the night and only if she is super-tired. She never goes on her own. She usually starts tossing and turning or crying and I go in and wake her up and take her to the bathroom. She usually wakes up, but a few times she has been so tired that she gets up and goes, but she doesn't act awake. It is really kind of funny. She doesn't respond normally and when I give her toilet paper she doesn't know what to do with it when she is done. She just holds it in her hand and then drops it on the floor and freezes. I tell her to pick it up and she just ignores me or cries. It is really kind of frustrating. It's like a power-battle, but it is crazy because she isn't awake and I get frustrated for nothing. Anyway, it is really kind of crazy and only happens once in awhile. Well, back in Vegas she needed to go in the middle of the night and I went in and got her and followed her to the bathroom. She walked right over to the side of the toilet, between the toilet and the tub, I think she was confused about where she was at. She sat on the edge of the tub and started peeing into the tub. I couldn't believe it! I was trying not to laugh and was trying to figure out what she was doing. She finished, pulled up her pants and walked back to her room, never acknowledging me. It was the funniest thing ever. Maybe I shouldn't have written it because it is an intrusion of her privacy and she would probably be embarrassed about it, but I had to write it before I forgot that it ever happened. Please don't say anything to her about it. The next morning I asked her if she remembered what happened and she said no. I told her and she laughed so hard and then Ammon laughed even harder when she told him. They think it is hilarious and love it when I tell them the story of the night Lily peed in the tub!

No comments: