Sunday, March 1, 2009

The funny things Ammon says...

Ammon has been cracking me up lately. I thought I should record some of his words before I forget them. The other day Adam turned on the Mormon Messages YouTube channel for Ammon and Lily and the man speaking said "the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..." Lily said,"Latter-day Saints?" and Ammon said, "Yes, that means people who got church a lot!" How funny!
Next, I finally unpacked my box of porcelain dolls on Friday and the kids were helping me. Ammon was getting out a doll my mom made for me when I was probably about 10. My mom made her look like me and put her in the white dress I wore to the temple the day my parents were sealed. It is a very pretty doll and of course, very special to me. I reminded Ammon to be careful and he was so sweet. He was very gentle with her and as he unwrapped her from the bubble wrap he said to Lily, "Wow, this was made back in the olden days!" Am I really that old to him?!
Last, he grabbed a Halloween pencil to do his homework the other day and it had pumpkins on it. It reminded him of Halloween and he said he had eaten an eyeball before. I told him that was gross and he said,"No mom, it was a candy eyeball. It had 1200 calories of sugar in it so it was really sweet." He was so matter-of-fact about it too. That boy is absolutely hilarious! All the kids make me laugh and I wish I could remember all the silly things they have said. Hopefully they will come back to me...

No comments: