Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Friend

Okay, so one of my dearest friends that I honestly cannot live without is RUNNING! I kind of slacked off a few weeks ago and I started feeling all depressed and tired and gross. Then I got my act together and started running more regularly and boy do I feel better! I have decided that if I want to feel well I HAVE to run! I love my treadmill in the winter and have used it more here than in Vegas, but today it was 49 degrees out this morning! The weather was absolutely perfect and the pink morning sky was beautiful. I love the way the sun turns the snow on the mountains pink. There is something incredibly refreshing about running outdoors. I am so thankful to have a healthy body so that I can enjoy running and I am thankful for this amazing world I get to enjoy as I do it.

2 comments:

Nicki G said...

I am way excited because a couple of guys from work got Levi excited about running. I used to run before we got married, but then slacked off when I couldn't get Levi into with me. So a couple weeks ago he started running, and I just started this week. Like you said, it makes you feel SO much better when your doing it each day! Our goal is to be able to run a marathon by the end of the year!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I feel the same way about the gym. It is so hard to get up and go, but after a couple of weeks slacking off you really notice a difference on your energy level!