We had our Stake Conference broadcast from SLC today. It was great! The adult session last night was awesome too! I love listening to our leaders speak the words of God. I love hearing what they have to say and learning what I need to do or how I need to change. President Monson based his talk around Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." I love listening the prophet.. He is such an amazing man. I felt so much through his talk. The home is so important and I do want my home to be house of God. I want the Spirit to be here, to influence me and my family to do our best and make right choices in everything we do. This scripture was also quoted from last night as well. I know it is important and I am thankful for the spirit speaking to me and helping me know where I need to improve.
This past week I have been working on the house of order part. I made a goal to have my kitchen clean every night before bed. For most of you this is probably already routine, but I struggle with it. So I did it all but Thursday night because I was at enrichment way late with Adam and the kids and by the time I got them in bed it was after 10:00 and I was tired, and honestly just forgot, oops. Oh well, I keep trying and I am getting better. All the other nights I had the dishes and sink washed, all the counter tops washed, the highchair and table clean and the floors swept. I was so proud of myself! I also organized the kids drawers, closets, under beds, and bookshelves and reorganized the toy closet! This week my goal is to reorganize the kitchen cabinets and also keep the kitchen clean like last week. I think I will have to have that as my goal for 30 days at least. They say it takes that long to form a habit right? So, little by little I am working on a house of order. I know that the Spirit cannot dwell where it is not orderly. That isn't to say I can't still be influenced by the spirit, but I know I will feel it more and things will and are better when my home is orderly. I am thankful I was working on part of these things before conference, and I am thankful to know the many other things I can change as well.
1 comment:
I've been working on the same things! It feels so good to have a clean kitchen in the morning! I'm sorry Anna is having a hard time going to nursery. You can't seem to get away from it!
Post a Comment