Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snowshoeing

From the top left of the picture, we hiked across that ridge and down through all the trees and around the lake bed behind us.





Looking down on the big hill.





The big hill we hiked down.









Our picnic rock with an awesome view of the lake.






















Adam and I went snowshoeing yesterday up at Mt. Rose and had an absolute blast! It was so much fun! Thank you Margie for coming up to watch the kids for us! Grandma Margie came up Friday night and stayed over so not only did Adam and I get Saturday to play, we got to go to the temple together on Friday night for the first time since the week before Anna was born! It was really nice to be able to do both.









We hiked up and across a ridge near the summit of Mt. Rose and could see Lake Tahoe, Reno, Sparks, the mountains...we could see forever around us. It was so beautiful! We had a picnic on some huge granite rocks at the top where we could still see the lake. We hiked across the rest of the ridge and then down, down, down into the beautiful trees and out into an open meadow around a lake-bed and then out to the street. I would have died if we would have hiked back up the mountain, so we opted to hike out to road and shortcut the hills. The snow was so high along the road, too high to jump off and walk on the street, so we walked up, about 10 feet higher than the road on the snow. It was on a slant and I kept falling so I took off my snowshoes and just hiked with my boots. I preferred that over falling into the road and becoming road kill! That trail brought us right back around to where we started, thank goodness, because I was starting to get tired! We had so much fun! Snowshoeing is great, next year I'd like to try snowshoe running! Adam and I also want to try cross country skiing. There is so much to do out here, we love it! It was so nice to spend the day in the beautiful mountains doing something so fun with my very best friend! Thanks Adam for a great day, I love you!

3 comments:

Nicki G said...

How fun!

Amanda J said...

That's awesome you guys were able to go do something fun like that together!

Durham Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you could get some time off. It is always a nice break to get away.