Saturday, March 21, 2009

How Much Do You Pay?

I am wondering how much to pay for babysitters. Do you pay depending on the age of the sitter, how many kids, how much they need to do while they are watching your kids...? It has been awhile since we have had a sitter and I want to be able to pay one well enough that they are willing to come back, but not so much that I can't afford to go out. Please let me know what you think. If you don't want me to publish your comment I won't post it. All comments are emailed to me first. Thank you!

3 comments:

Nicki G said...

Back in the day when I babysat I charged a dollar an hour per kid...but that was 15 years ago.

MARGIE COX BARRON said...

Grandmas are free. hehe

Shanna said...

I usually pay $1 an hour per kid unless they are in diapers then it's $2 an hour. If the house is cleaned up when I get home I usually give her a few extra. I don't know if I am cheap, but it has worked so far :)