Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lake Tahoe


You can see the house in the background. The windows of the house are to the left of Adam.
The lake is behind us, but the picture didn't turn out well. This was taken on the balcony off the kitchen. The one below was taken in the backyard and turned out much better.

These stairs led up to the house. And this was the little bay for the boat and our own private beach. There was fools gold in the sand so it shimmered in the sun, so pretty!
This is called Cave Rock. The house is not too far to the left of it. Isn't it gorgeous!
Oh, we got to ride in a limo back to the airport on Saturday night. So much fun!

Adam and I went to Lake Tahoe over the weekend for his annual work summer party. It was so much fun! We have not been away from our kids for over five years! I can't believe it has been that long. We decided we need to get away like that at least once if not twice a year. We stayed in a beautiful home that backed up to the lake. It was amazing. We went boating, wake boarding, wake skating, swimming, kayaking, running, and ate the most awesome food! We seriously had a blast. The lake is absolutely amazing. I have never seen such blue water in my life. It was almost magical.

Saturday morning we went out on the boat and Adam got up to slalom. He crashed really hard and ruptured his left eardrum. It was a little scary because after it all happened he got back up and skied some more and then got in the boat. He told me he couldn't remember skiing or anything after we got out on the lake. His crash must have knocked him out but he was still conscious. At the time he didn't remember his crash or that his foot came out of the front boot, that he got back in the boat to put it back on, or that he got back up to ski. Crazy! Then he asked me not to say anything to anyone because he didn't want them to freak out, but he started saying things to them and then later he reminded me not to say anything, and I told him he had already been telling people... Thankfully he is OK. His ear is healing. He says he feel like he has a cotton ball stuck inside his ear. He ruptured his eardrum water skiing when he was a teenager, so he knew what it was when it happened. Poor guy. I felt so bad and was worried.

The trail we ran on led us up to a summit where you could over look the lake. It was gorgeous. I love running in the mountains. We went on our run with one of Adam's co-workers from the Reno office and her boyfriend. It is always fun to run with other people.

It was so nice to have a weekend where Adam and I could just talk and relax and not have to worry about taking care of the kids. Although, everything we did or saw we kept saying, "The kids would love this..." We thought about them tons, but they had a blast with Grandma Margie. Anna even did really well. It is only the second time we have left her, and the first time was for two hours and she cried nearly the whole time. I was so glad the kids were happy every time I called because it let me relax and I was able to enjoy myself. I love my husband so much! He is the most amazing man and I feel so lucky to have him. I was so glad to have him all to myself for those two days. It was great. I hope we can go again next year. We did tell the kids we'd take them next time though. The place we stayed at is for sale, it's only listed for 7 million if anyone is interested. Ha ha! I hope it doesn't sale so we can stay there next year too.

6 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun little trip. Aren't those little getaway's the best? Hope Adam's ear gets better. Ouch!

Em Ford

Emily said...

What a fun trip...the lake does look really blue. Aren't those getaways the best?? Hope Adam's ear get better. Ouch!!

Katie and Bryson said...

Yes, I am interested in purchasing that place! Oh, 7 mil? Maybe not. What a fun vacay :) I'm glad Adam is liking that job.

Mary Bentley Williams said...

I WISH ZACH AND I HAD BEEN THERE SKIING WITH YOU GUYS!!! Ahhhh Tahoe, I wish it was close to us now. That must have scared you to death with Adam's ear. Ahhh to be camping and waterskiing again together. Maybe one day. I think your kids are the cutest ever!

Cassie and Kenny said...

You two deserve it! Sounds like it was really fun! I love your pictures.

Nicki G said...

WOW, I am so jealous! It would be so much fun to go on a trip like that!