Monday, August 4, 2008

The Funny things Lily says...

Ok, Lily is hilarious. She is always saying and doing the funniest and cutest things. I thought I should write some down before I forget them.

Ammon was justing picking on Lily and I asked him to stop and he didn't so Lily knoocked him off the couch with her feet. Of course he started to cry, but I didn't feel sorry for him, he wasn't hurt, just sad. I said, "Ammon, I told you she was going to pay you back when she got bigger." Then Lily said, laughing, "Yea, I'm gonna run him through his money!" What she meant was, I'm giving him a run for his money. The other day they were both picking on Anna and Adam said, "When she gets bigger she is going to give you a run for your money." Ammon got a really scared look on his face and said, "Mom, what does that mean?" I said, "Well, it means she is going to pay you guys back for all the mean things you've done to her." He was worried that she was literally going to get his money somehow. Too funny. Well apparently Lily caught right on to that phrase and used it in her way today. I thought it was classic!

Lily picked this outfit out all by herself last week for church. She was so proud of herself that she wanted me to take her picture. I do have to say she is pretty darn cute!
Awhile ago she asked me, "Mom, what is lacteria?"
Me, "lacteria?"
Lily, "Yes, lacteria."
Me, "Well, I don't know, where did you hear it?"
Lily, "On Curious George in the song."
Me, "Lily, I don't think they say lacteria in the Curious George song."
Lily, "Yes they do mom, listen", then she sang me the song and I paid attention to the song that afternoon when Curious George came on.
Sure enough, it does sound like lacteria when they say "Like Curious, Like Curious, Curious George." You'll have to listen to it and let me know if you think you could've heard lacteria in there.
The other day I was having Lily do her chores and while she was cleaning up she said, "Mom, I wish we had handy helpers (like the ones on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and they could do everything for me." That would be nice! Wait, but then we wouldn't have the satisfaction of working for ourselves and seeing a job completed and well done. Still it was a cute idea!

Lily has a habit of playing in the bathroom sink. She'll plug the drain and fill the sink with water and then put in tupperware dishes, toys, toothbrushes, stuffed animals (sometimes she gives them baths), or just lots and lots of bubbles. Often there is water all over the floor too. Whenever I can't find her, I usually just have to check the bathroom and sure enough there she is. Well, the other day she tried giving Ammon's barking, walking, flipping dog a bath. Well, now he just sits. Ammon isn't too happy about it, but I had to remind him of the toys of Lily's that he has broken.

The other funny thing is she had this dish and some tinker toys in there and then she brought it to me and said, "Mom, I wish we had a shrinker."
Me, "A shrinker, what for?"
Lily, "So it could shrink me and Ammon and then we could pretend this was our boat and these were our paddles and we could play in the water all day."
Me, "Lily, that would be a fun idea." She is so creative!

No comments: