Yeah, she is one! We had a fun day. We made her a birthday cake (carrot cake) with ducks swimming in a pond. It turned out really cute. Ammon and Lily had a lot of fun frosting it. We went swimming at a neighbors house in the afternoon. Anna is a little fish, she loves the water! They have some fake ducks in their pool and of course Anna quacked at them most of the time we were there. She is hilarious when she sees one. Then I took her to get her picture taken, for the first time, I am a slacker. She thought it was so cool that she was the center of attention. She kept smiling at the lady and was thrilled that we were all making a big fuss over her. It was so cute watching her. Then we came home for dinner and Uncle Bob and Aunt Margene came over for cake, ice cream and presents. Anna wasn't sure what to do about the candles, but she did think it was neat. She cried when we gave her her cake and wouldn't eat it, she was super tired though. When I sat down with my cake I gave her some ice cream and put her in her high chair next to me and she ate some of the ice cream and kept playing with the cake. No crying that time, she thought it was fun. She was covered in green frosting! I made cherry trees for the cake by covering suckers with green frosting and pink sprinkles. Anna had a sucker, but she kept chewing on the stick, not the sucker. It was really cute. When she finally figured out the sucker end, she was super excited. Birthdays = Lots of sugar.
We got Anna the game Lucky Ducks because I couldn't find ducks any where else for her cake, and she is really excited about ducks. She thinks the game is pretty fun. She carries the ducks around and quacks with them. We also got her a little doll and best of all a little push around buggy. It was a hit! She was really excited about it and kept trying to climb in while Adam was putting the buckle in the seat. She will sit in that all day long. Ammon and Lily love to push her around in it and we have already had to take away their privilege to do so because she has nearly tipped over a few times. They push her around like they are in a race. It is hilarious because Adam and I tell them to slow down and Anna just laughs and bounces up and down in the seat loving every minute of it. It's funny because it seems like everything I don't want them doing with her, because I am afraid she may get hurt, she seems to absolutely love!
She got a card with money from Grandma and Grandpa Gillies and from Bob and Margene. After she opened those, Lily ran upstairs and was there for awhile. She finally came down and gave Anna the card she had already opened from Bob and Margene, but Lily had drawn her a cute picture in it and put some of her money it for Anna. How sweet is that?! Lily is so awesome. She is a great sister and she loves Anna tons.
It was a fun day. Anna was exhausted. Poor, tired little girl. She played hard all day, missed most of her nap time, but was still happy. She is such a sweet little thing. It was great to celebrate her special day! Ammon and Lily have already had us light her candles several times again, just so they can sing happy birthday to her and blow them out! They love birthdays and so do we!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to her! Looks like she had a fun day. I wish we were around so we could have seen her on her birthday.
Happy Birthday Anna! What a fun day. Good job on the cake Keyonna!
Cammy just asked who that was. And I told her Lily and Ammons sister and her eyes just got big and said but she is just a baby. Funny. Cute cake you rock!!!
Post a Comment