Sunday, July 26, 2009

Too Long!




You know your hair is too long when
1. You can sit on it.
2. Your kids can step on it when you are sitting down.
3. Your kids can step on it when you are sitting down and it is in a pony tail.
4. You get stuck on it in bed when it is down and you can't move.
5. When it touches the toilet seat when it is down.
I know the last one is kind of gross! So to solve my problems, I had Adam cut my hair for me on Thursday. I wanted to make sure I had enough to give to Locks of Love and they need 10 inches, so we cut about 15 1/2 inches just to be safe. The ends were pretty tattered so hopefully they still have enough. It feels strange to have my hair only to the middle of my back. It feels so light and short, but I really like it. It is actually manageable now. Today I let it air dry for almost an hour and it still took a good 20 minutes of blow drying to get it all dry. My hair is super-thick and takes forever to dry! I love it though. I just don't dry it too often. I will more now. The total length before I cut it, measuring from my hairline at my forehead down my back, was 44 inches. Now it is 28. It is still long, but so short for me. The kids like it and I am glad I don't have to worry about them stepping on it anymore!

3 comments:

MARGIE COX BARRON said...

You are so lucky to be able to grow your hair so long. And it's so beautiful. I am envious.

Amanda J said...

At first I thought the picture of you was your before picture (before I read your blog). Ha ha! I think it looks really great!

Ryan and Adrienne said...

looks good!!!! It's funny how cutting your hair even when it is super long is sort of hard and most people don't understand because they don't have hair as long as you. Looks like you have been having a fun summer and I'm glad you found the seat to your boat!!!!