Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Fun!



Okay, so if we ever have any free time, guess what we are doing? Boating! We are loving having a boat so much! I am beginning to wonder what we ever did for fun before we got it! We are out there every Saturday and it is so great. It is the perfect way to spend time together as a family. Ammon loves to drive the boat, but nothing else. Lily will tube, wake board, and is willing to try skiing too! Anna hates the cold water, but loves being on the boat. She talks about it all the time. She tells everyone about, "Daeee, da boat, da waer!" She likes to just sit in the garage in the boat with her life jacket on! If she is sad, I can always cheer her up by talking about the boat. She is absolutely hilarious. She is beginning to like driving too and pulls Adam's hands off the wheel so she can do it all on her own. Adam is getting better and better at wake boarding and slaloming too. He is almost ready to start trying flips again! He gets a lot of air and I love watching him! He makes it look so easy. I have been tubing, slowly, but think I am finished with that! Way too bouncy! I am not ready for this baby to come just yet, so no more tube for me. I did get up and wake board last weekend, but not for very long. The water was so smooth so I gave it a try. I had fun, but I think I will continue to be a spectator until this little guy joins us! I am finally getting the hang of backing up the truck with the trailer. It is a little tricky and I have put in quite the show for anyone at the launch ramp, but I think I am finally getting it! Last week, the guy next to me said, (after watching me try to back it up and getting everywhere but where I needed to be), "Oh, you'll get it eventually!" I just laughed and said, "Yes, eventually!" Thankfully Adam is ultra-patient and kind with me. He has never yelled at me or gotten angry with my inability to properly maneuver the boat or truck, he is great! All in all it is the best family toy ever and we are loving it! If you ever want to come, just give us a call. We are always happy to take along friends.
Oh, yesterday we got stuck in a terrible wind storm on the way back to the launch ramp. Some of the waves were up to three feet high! The wind was blowing dirt everywhere and you couldn't see very far in front of you. The pebbles in the dirt where blasting my legs. Not good for the paint on the truck or the boat! We made it back safely, but lost Adam's life jacket and gloves(which I just bought him a month ago)! Lily was scared to death and was crying and praying. Ammon was laying flat on his belly on the floor of the boat. Thanks to Lily's prayers and Adam's good driving skills we made it back okay. The boat is absolutely filthy from being wet and then all the wind and sand, and plus it always dirty from the alkalinity of the lake, but it is all in one piece and so are we! The Search and Rescue Patrol was heading out when we got our boat out of the water. I hope everyone else was alright. It was crazy because it was as smooth as glass on the east side of the lake where we like to go, but it was like driving into a different world half way across. Weather is so powerful and humbling. I am just glad we had a good, safe and fun day of boating!

2 comments:

Hansen Family said...

How fun. I would love a boat! your little family is so cute

Mary Bentley Williams said...

O.K. we need to talk. where do you live? yeah, we'll be visiting. This lake is fantastic and your family is looking SO BIG and so adorable. Oh I hope this is us in a few years when we finish our residency. As it is, we're enjoying all this water as much as possible. Thanks for the invite to your blog!