Sunday, July 19, 2009

No More Crib

In her big girl bed with her babies!
My sleeping angels!
Anna's big girl bed and Lily's big girl bed.
Her crib mattress on the floor the day after she climbed out!
Right after I got back from my trip to Utah Anna decided she was finished sleeping in her crib. She had been in the habit of getting into bed with me while we were gone and so when she would wake up, she would cry for me to come get her. Well, I didn't want to be getting up with her at night so I was just letting her cry after we got home. A few nights after being home, she started crying and I didn't go get her. After awhile she stopped and I thought, "Oh good, she went back to sleep." A few minutes later I heard my door open and her sweet little voice say, "Momma?" I about jumped through the ceiling! How on earth did she get out of her crib?! When I went in her room Ammon and Lily were out. I knew they hadn't gotten her out of her crib. She climbed out all by herself and didn't even get hurt! I picked her up and went and slept in Ammon's bed since it was empty. She slept fine with me right next to her.
The next day I took her mattress out of her crib and put it on her floor because I didn't want her to try to climb out again and end up having her break an arm or get hurt! She didn't last long on that and I ended up in Ammon's bed with her again. The next night I put the crib mattress in the corner next to the wall and it worked a little better, but I still ended up in Ammon's bed with her yet again! The next day was Saturday so I took the crib down and took Lily's bed apart and just put the mattresses on the floor so Anna's bed looked just like Lily's. I tried to make a big deal out of it to make Anna excited about her big girl bed and she seemed to be happy. She went down pretty well and now if she wakes up I just sleep in her bed until she falls asleep and then I go back to my bed. I really need to get the girls beds sanded and painted and put back together so the mattresses aren't on the floor. It is getting a little difficult to get up off Anna's bed!
Anna is getting so big and she is so much fun! I am glad she likes her bed! I have a pillow and she has a pillow, both on her bed. I am not allowed to sleep on, "Nanna's lillow," only on, "Momma's lillow." She makes it very clear that she has her side of the bed and I have mine. She loves me to sleep with her though. Every day for naps and bedtime when I put her down I lay down with her for a few minutes and then leave. When I try to get up or when I haven't laid down yet she always gives me the sweetest look, pats my pillow and says "day down, day down," (lay down, lay down). Her voice is so sweet and angelic! I absolutely love to hear her talk. I can't ever turn down her request to lay down with her and it helps her go down much easier. She is such a little angel. I am sad she isn't going to be the baby anymore, but glad she will always be my sweet little girl!

No comments: