Friday, July 24, 2009
Oh Pooh!
So Anna is getting interested in the potty and I am not pushing her, but if she wants to use it I let her. She usually just sits on the potty, wipes a few times and then she is done, but never really goes. The other day she wanted to go and I was in the middle of sweeping up ants in the kitchen so I took her in and sat her on her little pooh bear seat on the toilet and left for a few minutes to finish sweeping up the ants. I could hear her in the bathroom talking and saying something but I wasn't paying attention to what. I finally went in to get her and opened the door right into a nice pile of pooh she left on the rug behind the door! By opening the door I smeared it all across the floor. It was all over her hands, shirt, feet, door, rug and her toilet seat. Her latest words are, "Oh Man!" So as I am cleaning up she is in there saying it over and over and over in her sweet little voice. It was hilarious! She kept trying to help me but was just making it worse. I told her not to touch it and she said, "Okay," but then she smooshed her foot right into the middle of it! I didn't even know where to start. I grabbed the wipes and started wiping her and then the piles off the floor, then got rid of the rugs, then washed the door and finally the toilet seat. There was one piece that stuck to the side of the toilet that didn't go down when I flushed it so sweet little Anna trying to help again, reached her hand into the toilet to get it to move. Ahhhhh! The whole time all I was doing was laughing to myself and thinking how hilarious the whole thing was. Anna was adding her cute commentary of, "Stinky" and "Oh man!" which made me smile and laugh even more. I am glad I didn't freak out. I wanted to grab the camera but think you can understand why I did not. The bathroom is clean and sanitized and I no longer leave her alone on the toilet, even to sweep up ants for two minutes. Hopefully we won't have a stinky episode like that again!
2 comments:
YOU ARE AMAZING! I WOULD HAVE VOMITED.
Oh my...ya gotta love the poopy messes :) I hadn't read this until tonight, kinda funny that we had similar situations around the same time. I blame it on the fact that they are both August babies & that they both have Gillies blood running through their veins. (The Gillies family can take crap & turn it into a good time :)
Post a Comment