Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Angels


These cards are only 1 3/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches, smaller than a business card. Jameson's footprint is about 1 5/8 inch and Bryson's is just under 1 inch.




This is similar to what Bryson was wearing, he was so tiny!
I only have a hat and blanket for Jameson. His gown was also white, but larger than Bryson's. If they would have needed diapers that is how small they were! His head filled his hat very well. He was much bigger than Bryson but still so tiny! I am so glad I got to hold them and hug and kiss them. It was very difficult, but helped tremendously for closure. It made me feel validated that they were real babies with real full, but tiny bodies. Life is such a miracle. It is amazing to me how a baby grows. I have no doubt in mind that my little guys were real and not just some strange creation in me that couldn't be considered real until full term. They were perfect in their own way, and perfect to me.

Margie gave this to me as a Mother's Day gift in 2006. It is such a beautiful picture and I am so thankful for her making it for me. They truly are my little angels watching down on us from Heaven. Thank you Margie for your thoughtfulness! This is a treasure to me!




My Aunt Angie made this for me the year after it happened. She had this poem just come to her one day and hurried and wrote it down. She then made the frame, cross stitched the poem and had it matted. I think it is so beautiful! It also made me cry when I saw it! Thanks Angie, I love you!

July, 8 2005
Four years ago today I lost my sweet baby boy twins, Bryson Wayne and Jameson Reed, during my sixth month of pregnancy. It is amazing how time can heal pain and loss, but at the same time, how fresh and sad the memories are. I think I am a little more sensitive right now because of my current pregnancy and especially because it is a boy. I am thankful for the gospel and the peace and comfort it brought and continues to bring to our family with their loss. I am thankful for the little angels they are! They are buried in a beautiful cemetery in Omaha, Nebraska on a hill with many other babies and children which is appropriately named Lullaby Land. It is such a peaceful and sacred place. Adam and I went there every Sunday after church the whole last year of Law School. It brought great peace to me to go there. I hope to be able to make it out there to see their grave again and I know Ammon and Lily want to go too. Ammon talks often about his brothers that are gone. It is really sweet. He is so happy to be getting a new one soon! I am thankful for eternal families.

2 comments:

MARGIE COX BARRON said...

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate seeing the little hats and gown... so small. Their handprints and footprints are a treasure.
I often think of Bryson and Jameson and get very emotional. It is comforting to know families are forever.

Emily said...

Oh Keyonna, what a beautiful post! It gave me chills, just reading it!