

I was going through some drawers today and found some funny things the kids had said that I had written down. Boy am I glad I wrote them! In no particular order, here they are...
Lily 06/03/06 Her breakfast prayer: "Bless me that I don't have a bad dream about dinosaurs because I don't like cereal. Amen"
A conversation between Ammon and Lily on a Sunday morning 05/13/07 Ammon, "Mom I don't want to wear a tie today." Lily, "But Mr. Hinckley wears a tie."
Lily's morning prayer 05/13/07 "Help us not to fall off the bridge and sink. Amen."
Lily talking in the car 05/13/07 "Are we on the freeroad?" (She meant to say freeway).
She must have been on something that day. That girl is absolutely hilarious.
Ammon 06/09/07 "I'm not an angel, I have bones mom!"
Ammon 06/10/07 " I'm not a Mormon, I'm an angel!"
Ammon 05/18/07 "We could put them (he was talking about some sticks he had gathered) in the fire and it would disappear them and turn them to ash."
Sometime in the summer of 2007 Ammon was talking to me about daddy's swim goggles and that we needed to be careful with them so they didn't break. He asked, "Mom, if we break them will daddy cry like a woman?!" You have to understand that sweet Adam had tried as simply as possible several times to tell Ammon that sometimes women (mommy and Lily) just cry, that is just what women do. Ammon obviously was dealing with lots of emotion from us girls and so this conversation he had with daddy was fresh in his mind. I absolutely laughed until I cried when he said this!
Sometime in the spring of 2008. I don't remember if I wrote this one down last year or not, just in case... I was in the car with Lily and we were driving down Craig Road in Vegas. There are some pretty colorful people there as I am sure you can imagine. Well, we stopped at a light and there was a black man jumping/jogging/going crazy in place. He was on one of those little triangular medians off the edge of the road where they have a turn lane on one side and through traffic on the other. So he was basically in the middle of the road. Lily said to me, "What is he doing mom?!" I said, "He is exercising." She wasn't convinced and responded with, "Or he just needs to go potty really bad!" I busted up over that one too!
Other cute things my kids say:
piano=plianano
helicopter=helitocter
Of course I can't remember any more! Argh! I'll be sure to post more as they say them!
Ammon's latest thing is using the word dignified, but not properly. He will often say, "This is all the way dignified mine!"
He also has been big on this phrase lately (especially when talking to Lily), "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
When I was pregnant with Anna Lily was saying something about being able to see the baby. I was helping her on the potty and must have been leaning over when she said, "Mommy, I can see the baby!" I said, "You can, where?!" She said, pointing to my chest and shirt, "Right there down that big hill!" How funny she is!
2 comments:
Thanks for the chuckles! Tooooooooo cute!
Your kids are so cute! I need to be better about writing down all the funny things they say. you look great! it sure has been along time.
Post a Comment