Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Father's Day

















So, I am a little late in making this post. but I just had to let Adam know what a great father I think he is! He is so good to our kids and they absolutely adore him. As soon as they hear the garage door open when he gets home from work they all yell, "Daddy!" and run to the garage to greet him. When we get to church on Sunday Anna always shouts an enthusiastic Daddy, as soon as she sees him too! He is always there early for meetings and I usually show up right when church is starting. So her shout out to daddy is always heard by everyone in the chapel and is met with a sweet and loving smiles. I hope you know how much we all love you Adam! He is the best at playing with the kids. He wrestles with them, jumps on the tramp with them, spins them, plays in the yard with them, rides bikes with them, chases them, and does all the fun daddy things. I always tell him that if it were up to me to provide the kids with that then they would certainly be deprived. He does his job as dad so well.
We celebrated a week early because we were going to be away from home on Father's Day. The kids all made him sweet cards and drew him a picture of why they loved him. Ammon's was about fishing with dad and Lily's was about boating. We bought him chocolate covered raisins, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Golden Grahams, new sponges to clean the cars and boat with, and some drinking glasses. I have managed to break almost every single one of our glass cups and all we had in the house was plastic and Adam likes glass, so he finally got new glasses! Hope you like them! We had one of his favorite dinners, creamy chicken enchiladas, and then of course chocolate mousse pie! It was delicious! We had fun celebrating the special day and are so happy to have a reason to celebrate it! Thanks again for being the most most amazing Daddy ever!


Recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie (You really should try this!) This is from Adam's Mom
graham cracker crust (I usually make mine, but you can buy one)
1 pkg chocolate chips (We prefer milk chocolate, but it is also good with semi-sweet)
8 oz Cream Cheese at room temp
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz container of Cool Whip
Melt chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each until all melted. Add milk and blend well, then add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Pour into crust and let set up in fridge. When set, top with cool whip and if you want grate up a few of the chocolate chips and sprinkle them on top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

apm22 said...

Thanks babe! You are great! I could not do what I do without your help. Love you, Adam

By the way, who comes up with the word verification stuff to post: today I had to spell "hummoto".

Heather said...

Wow, that pie looks amazing!! I'm gonna have to try it!