You know the Primary song that goes, "Listen to the still small voice! Listen! Listen! When you have to make a choice, He will guide you, always."? Well, I don't know why always think that when I have a thought, that it is my own, and not from the Holy Ghost. It is amazing all the small and simple things He will whisper to me about and because they are so small and simple, I think it is only me. I could certainly save myself a lot of grief and stress and coulda shoulda woulda's if I'd only learn to listen. It is a gift you know, so why don't I use it all the time? Does anyone else have this problem?
So here is my simple story. Last night after I bathed Anna, I didn't have any diapers for her at the changing table so I put her shirt on took her into my bathroom to check on Ammon who was in my shower and for me to use the bathroom. I had the thought, Anna always pees on your bathroom floor after a bath, you should go downstairs and get her diaper on first. Well, I really needed to use the bathroom so I ignored my thought and went in to the bathroom. Ammon was shaving the bar of soap with my razor and I told him that was dangerous and to put it back up on the shelf. I thought, I should just take it away right now. Well, Ammon is a smart boy you know, and he knew it was sharp, I thought, and so I thought he would just put it right away. Well, while I was in using the bathroom he, being the sweet boy that he is, didn't want to leave my razor dirty, and attempted to clean the soap out the blade using his thumb! OUCH! The poor kid cut his thumb up, but thankfully it wasn't too bad. Well, while I was looking at his thumb, Anna slipped and fell. Yes, she peed on the tile and it was slippery, of course, and she fell. Thankfully she didn't fall hard. I moved her away from it and grabbed a towel to clean it up so she didn't fall again. Ammon left the bathroom right as I was grabbing the towel and Anna ran to follow him out, I thought, Hurry and grab her so she doesn't fall. Stupid me, I thought I could get the towel down in time and grab her, but because I didn't listen immediately, she hit her puddle of pee right before I grabbed her and went down smack on her back. The back of her head hit the tile floor so hard! I felt terrible. So then I was all stressed out about her head. I grabbed her and snuggled her and eventually dried her off and got a diaper on her. She calmed down fine and acted normal. I kept checking her eyes with the flashlight to make sure they were dilating normally. Everything seemed and still seems fine, but I still feel terrible! I was worried about her all night. Every time I woke up I went in to check on her to make sure she was okay. So, I could have saved myself a lot of sadness and my kids a lot of pain if I had only listened! So next time you have a simple thought, follow through. You may never know why or ever realize it saved you from something, but wouldn't you rather it be that way? I know I would!
So here is my simple story. Last night after I bathed Anna, I didn't have any diapers for her at the changing table so I put her shirt on took her into my bathroom to check on Ammon who was in my shower and for me to use the bathroom. I had the thought, Anna always pees on your bathroom floor after a bath, you should go downstairs and get her diaper on first. Well, I really needed to use the bathroom so I ignored my thought and went in to the bathroom. Ammon was shaving the bar of soap with my razor and I told him that was dangerous and to put it back up on the shelf. I thought, I should just take it away right now. Well, Ammon is a smart boy you know, and he knew it was sharp, I thought, and so I thought he would just put it right away. Well, while I was in using the bathroom he, being the sweet boy that he is, didn't want to leave my razor dirty, and attempted to clean the soap out the blade using his thumb! OUCH! The poor kid cut his thumb up, but thankfully it wasn't too bad. Well, while I was looking at his thumb, Anna slipped and fell. Yes, she peed on the tile and it was slippery, of course, and she fell. Thankfully she didn't fall hard. I moved her away from it and grabbed a towel to clean it up so she didn't fall again. Ammon left the bathroom right as I was grabbing the towel and Anna ran to follow him out, I thought, Hurry and grab her so she doesn't fall. Stupid me, I thought I could get the towel down in time and grab her, but because I didn't listen immediately, she hit her puddle of pee right before I grabbed her and went down smack on her back. The back of her head hit the tile floor so hard! I felt terrible. So then I was all stressed out about her head. I grabbed her and snuggled her and eventually dried her off and got a diaper on her. She calmed down fine and acted normal. I kept checking her eyes with the flashlight to make sure they were dilating normally. Everything seemed and still seems fine, but I still feel terrible! I was worried about her all night. Every time I woke up I went in to check on her to make sure she was okay. So, I could have saved myself a lot of sadness and my kids a lot of pain if I had only listened! So next time you have a simple thought, follow through. You may never know why or ever realize it saved you from something, but wouldn't you rather it be that way? I know I would!
No comments:
Post a Comment