After I tucked Ammon and Lily in last night and put Anna down, I went back in to check on the kids. Ammon was still awake and asked me if I would cuddle with him for a little bit. I haven't snuggled him in so long I can't even remember. So, of course I said YES! I got in his bed and we talked about school, his friends, how much he is learning, if he is happy, which I am glad he said yes, and just talked. It was so fun. Why haven't I
done it more? I need to stop rushing from one thing to the next and savor every minute with my kids. Ammon is sweet and affectionate at home and I know he loves mommy, but sadly we have moved on to high-fives at the bus stop. Silly boy, I guess he must be embarrassed that I want to hug him
in front of his friends. Oh well, at least he still wanted me to climb in his bed! I also got to snuggle Lily last night. She woke up around 3:00 with a bad dream and so I decided to climb in her bed. She cuddled right up to me and shared her blanket and went right back to sleep. I wasn't sleeping well so I decided it was a good use of my time. Then Anna woke up and cried for awhile, which is very unusual, so I went in and cuddled her in my arms and rocked her in the rocking chair for a bit. I didn't really sleep from 2:00 to 4:00, but I got some awesome time with my kids and it was worth it! I must have been tired this morning because I woke up to Ammon and Lily laughing and talking about a cat outside on our front porch at
7:00. I am usually up way before them, so it was kind of strange to wake up to their sweet laughter, but a great way to wake up!
2 comments:
Madison loves me to hug her will hug me when i go to her class and is not embarrassed at all but man that little Cam is a cool cat and don't you dare embarrass her in public with hugs or kisses. But at home watch out...
I am glad you are feeling a bit better.
What a sweet post! Kids are the best!! It's easy to get side-tracked with the "everyday stuff", thanks for the reminder of what's most important! Your kids are adorable, and are blessed to have you as their mom!
Post a Comment