I don't know why this is taking so long to load, but if you click on view all images, it will take you to photobucket so you can see the slideshow there. Sorry!
We had a fun day for Lily. Grandpa Wayne was here to play all day and help out with getting ready for the party. He used his drywall stilts to rehang the streamers for me. The kids thought it was so cool that he was walking around with his head almost touching the ceilings, which are 10 feet high. He did a great job and they didn't fall down, hooray! Lily and Ammon decorated and filled the pinata, which turned out super-cute by the way. I didn't do any decorating on it. It was 100% kids and they loved it and so did I! Ammon drew the horse on our poster for pin-the-tail on the horse and he did a magnificent job. When Lily saw it she said, "Mom, that does not look like a horse, that looks like a dragon!" She didn't want to try to draw something better though. I am glad Ammon did it because my art skills are lacking if you know what I mean and I was afraid someone might ask which kid drew the horse when it was really me. I solved it by letting Ammon take care of it! Smart mom I do have to say. Lily cut out tails from black construction paper for the horse and got the tape all ready for them too. Lily and Ammon helped me cover cardboard horseshoes that Grandpa cut out for us with tinfoil. Ammon helped me untie the handles from his jump rope to use for our lasso the dog game. It was a lot of fun. All the games turned out great, very simple and homemade but so much fun! The kids at the party had tons of fun too! We let the kids each make their own pizzas when they got here and they loved it. The food turned out great. We had homemade pizza and bread sticks, salad, a veggie tray and drinks. I was really happy with how everything went. I decided to try something new with Lily's cake. She wanted a horse cake and so I was searching online to fine ideas and came across some cute fondant cakes. I frosted it with regular icing and then covered it with a fondant icing and fondant stars. I thought it was really cute. It took a lot of time, but was really fun and Lily loved it! She had to put her horses on it before we lit it though, it looked silly, but she thought it was the best!I love making birthday cakes. Here is the link to the recipe I used. http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm Everyone got a turn at the pinata, even Anna. She did surprisingly well. She hit it a few times and was really enjoying herself. I was hoping to let her and Lily have a second turn, but the last girl that hit it was 8 and she knocked it off the pole onto the floor and then smashed it to pieces. The kids didn't care though. It would have been fun to put it back on and the let the birthday girl break it, but they were all happy so I didn't mind too much. Lily loved her presents, Pet Shop, Polly Pockets, and "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" by Dr. Seuss which came with the brown cow. She sleeps with her cow every night and dresses her in Anna's old clothes. Lily is a sweetie! I am glad we were able to have a fun party and celebrate her special day.
Oh, daddy got Lily a bouquet of roses for her special day. She has been wanting flowers for over a month and has begged me to let her use her own money to buy some. Every time we are at Costco she has to stop and look at all the pretty flowers. She was so happy when daddy came home with a big bouquet all for her!


3 comments:
Too bad Grandpa Gary and Grandma Margie didn't get to celebrate Lily's birthday.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I must say that I'm impressed with your cake making skills! I have always wanted to try the fondant frosting but never have. Does the fondant frosting taste good?
Happy Birthday to Lily! What a fun birthday. BTW, great job on the cake. It looks fantastic!
Post a Comment