Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa Clause













We saw Santa a week and a half ago but I am a little behind. You can tell it wasn't this weekend because Lily's hair is still long. Anna was not happy and didn't want to get near Santa. It's what we expected. As I thought about it, Lily was scared too, but I don't think Ammon was ever afraid of him. I don't think I have any pictures of him crying on Santa's lap. Cute boy! Lily was very shy and it took her awhile to work up the courage to sit on his lap. Ammon is counting his fingers in the last picture. Santa asked him how old he was and he counted his fingers to tell him he was six! How cute is that! He also was very excited to show Santa his cast, which isn't on anymore, yeah! This Santa was awesome. He was so sweet and gentle. He was arranged by our hoa. We submitted a form that told Santa what the kids wanted and anything about them we wanted to know. Santa had a little elf next to him with a book so he could read what we said about our kids as he visited with them. Santa read that Ammon didn't believe in Santa and asked him why. Ammon was shocked and embarrassed that he knew. Ammon believes now! This Santa had a real beard and made a point to let Ammon know it was real. He let Ammon pull on it to see for himself. It was fun to go see him and I think helped the kids a little too. Ammon had been telling Lily, and Mitchell too(sorry Emily!) there was no such thing as Santa any time she mentioned him and I was starting to get mad at him. I told him Santa doesn't visit children who don't believe in him. Between that and finally seeing him, I haven't heard him say a word about Santa not being real!


1 comment:

Amanda J said...

That is so cute! That's a great idea having Santa know a little bit about them!