Dead Luminaries!
The kids also got gifts from all their grandparents, can we say spoiled?! They are so lucky to have such awesome grandparents! They help make Christmas so much fun! Lily got some pet shop animals and I think it may have been her favorite gift! Grandma Christy also provided them with their new pj's, which they all love! Who doesn't love opening a new pair of pj's on Christmas Eve? Lily got a night gown with Ariel on it and she absolutely loves it! Ammon wanted to wear one of daddy's shirts to bed with his new fleece bottoms. He looked so cute! Do you remember wearing your parents clothes and feeling so special? I used to love to do that!
Well after presents we had waffles with pear syrup, orange juice and Ammon's favorite, sausage for breakfast. It was yummy.
We also had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and that was tasty as well. After we went out in to the cold to set up our luminaries. The kids were so helpful, even Anna, and they all had fun. The disappointing thing is they didn't stay lit. Don't buy tea light candles form Wal-Mart! They didn't work. All that work setting them and freezing and they didn't even glow! So sad! At least we did have fun doing it though!
We got everything ready and hit the road to head to Grandma Margie's for the rest of the weekend. We stopped in the mountains to play in the snow. It took us a while to find a nice spot, but when we did it was great. I love being in the mountains with tons of snow and especially while it snowing! It was beautiful and the kids had a great time. They were like puppies in the snow. They were jumping and rolling all over the blast and thought it was so cool, and so did I! I will admit that driving over the Sierra's in the snow is really scary to me, but it sure is beautiful! Thank goodness for a truck with 4-wheel drive! The drive was slow and thankfully uneventful.
We met up with the Peterson's at Margie's for Christmas dinner and visited with them that night. They left early the next day to go to Salt Lake and we are enjoying the beautiful Sacramento weather here! It is so pretty here in the winter! Everything is green and gorgeous. I do love the snow though! I am glad we have some in Reno. I wish we would get more, but what we have is great. We love the weather.
All in all it was a great Christmas! I feel so blessed to have everything that I do. The Lord has provided so much for me. i am so thankful for my kids and for Adam. What is more special than family? I couldn't ask for anything more. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment