Thursday, December 18, 2008

All That Hair!






















































































Lily has been asking me off and on for the past several months to cut her hair. I've usually been able to talk her out of it by saying,"We won't be able to do twists, or braids, or buns..." She has agreed that she wanted to keep her hair long to do it in fun ways. Well, Tuesday she mentioned it again and we looked up some info on Locks of Love. She didn't want to give her hair away though. Yesterday she wanted it cut right then, just like Mikaela's, no more waiting! So we took some pictures and chopped it! I think she looks so cute with it short. It fits her face well. When we got Ammon from school he said, "Wow, Lily I really like your hair. Mom I like Lily's hair better short how about you?" I love it long or short, but I do think she looks darling with it how it is. The scissors I used were awful and dull and I cut it crooked. It took me a long time to fix it. Well, I don't know that I really fixed it, but it will do. Sabrina I wish you were closer! With three kids in the bathroom and hair everywhere, things were an absolute mess by the time I was finished. Anna had cleared out several things from under the cabinets and they were all over the floor along with the hair. Ammon was bouncing all over my room on the air mattress, and Lily would not hold still. It was a long crazy afternoon, but with great results. Lily loves her new hair and so do we.
















Ammon and Lily were putting makeup on Lily while I was cutting her hair. Ammon put the lipstick on Lily and she did the blush. They were having so much fun! You can see what a mess they made in my bathroom. Lily was so itchy from the hair on her neck and back. She didn't want to wear the cape because it made her too hot. So, her face in the pictures of her on the floor are not mad that her hair is short, just crazy itchy and wanting to get in the shower! The one below is of Lily this morning, so cute! She is a brave little girl. I never would have chopped my hair when I was that young, but I am thinking of it now...

6 comments:

Darci said...

She looks adorable!!!

Emily said...

I love Lily's hair. She has such a cute face! :)

I love your fireplace outside, that is so cool. ANd your kitchen is beautiful.

dave+candace said...

Hi friend! She looks so cute and your house looks awesome! Good luck with everything. Just wanted to say hi and Merry Christmas! love, candace

Amanda J said...

It looks great! It does fit her face perfectly!

Ryan and Adrienne said...

She looks so cute. Not that she didn't before but I do love how it accents her super cute face.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Wow, she looks so different with her hair short! She looks cute either way, though. What a cute girl!