Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween
























































What a fun and busy week! Monday we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening. We put Vaseline all inside Lily's and hers really ended up looking better. Ammon's poor pumpkin started caving in, but Lily's still looks great. Thurday Ammon had a party at school and we went and joined him to help out. I was in charge of the Marshmallow Toss game. They had to put a large marshmallow in their mouth and spit it into the mouth of a pumpkin on the wall. It was pretty hilarious and a bit disgusting too. Some of the kids had no problem picking up marshmallows off the floor to enjoy! Gross! I did the best I could to keep them in the garbage, but once in awhile, someone would would sneak one, yuck! Ammon did really well. Most of the kids weren't able to spit it out of their mouths. Boy, Ammon must have some awesome lungs because he could not only spit it out, but shoot it out! Way to go Ammon. Lily had fun coloring and sitting by her big brother for lunch. They had tons of treats. Anna also had a blast chomping on pizza, cookies, marshmallows and juice. Thursday night we went to the church for a Trunk or Treat party combined with four wards from our stake. They did an awesome job. We had lots of fun but avoided anything spooky. Last week we went to the Spooktacular at Ammon's school and went to the haunted house there. BIG MISTAKE! I couldn't believe how scary it was. We have had a rough week with Lily being scared and having bad dreams. So, we tried to avoid anything scary, which is really hard for Halloween. The kids enjoyed their rootbeer and cotton candy from the trunk or treat, and I loved eating a scone with honeybutter. It's been awhile since I have had scones. My mom makes the BEST scones ever, I love them! So, the trunk or treat was fun and safe and not too scary. We made sure to avoid the Spook Alley that Adam was in charge of with the young men from the ward. Ammon and Lily didn't want to get near it! For Halloween we went and saw Bob and Margene and then came back home to trick or treat. The kids didn't want to go to many doors because they were scared. Silly kids! Lily would walk half way up to a door and then change her mind. They started complaing that they didn't have very much candy and we told them that they had to be brave and go to the doors if they wanted treats. They finally started going to more doors toward the end of the night and made out with quite a lot of candy. I think I will buy their candy from them again this year and take them shopping for a toy. I can't stand having that much candy around, or having them eat that much. Anna loved everything about Halloween, including her costume! I was so happy she wore it because it was a lot of work to make it! Well, not so much hers, but just making all the costumes together. It was fun and I am glad I did it. They all love theirs and now they each have a new pair of warm winter pj's! Anna made the CUTEST duck ever! Everyone who saw her commented on how cute she loooked and she knows what attention is so she would just smile and nod yes when they asked her if she was a duck. She was hilarious. She even has a perfect little waddle like a duck. I am glad I went with the duck idea and not Yoda, we had considered a Star Wars theme for the family, but changed our minds. She was absolutely darling and I think she had fun! All in all we had a great time. It is nice not to freeze on Halloween like we did in Omaha. It is so nice here! But, back to the cold we go. We decided to transfer to Reno. Goodby nice winter, hello SNOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The kids look great! I love the costumes! Hope your Halloween was fun.