Monday, November 3, 2008

Adam's Birthday


Okay, this post is late, but I am still trying to catch up! Adam turned 32 OCtober 19th. We went boating the Friday before his birthday and had tons of fun. We got him a wetsuit, but it hadn't arrived yet, but thankfully he didn't need it! It is so awesome that we are still able to be out enjoying the lake in October and November. Adam is glad that I am enjoying boating so much. It is all new to me. He grew up around boats and it was a big part of growing up for him so he is seasoned...I on the other hand am learning about it all. He is VERY patient with me. Poor guy! I know I am not the best at driving when he is slaloming, but he says I am fine and he is glad I am willing to do it. So, we are having a blast and were so glad to use the boat his birthday weekend.
We had raspberry waffles and orange juice for breakfast and then the kids sent him on a hunt to find his gifts. They like to play the hot-cold game. It is so funny. Ammon kept giving things away. "Oh dad, look right over there next to the doll house!" He is hilarious. He also kept saying, "Mom, we are missing the present with the fishies, or the chocolate covered raisins..." He cracks me up. I guess the kids have caught on to the fact that you can't tell them what it is before their special day, but once the day arrives, they spill the beans! Like last year. Adam kept trying to get Lily to tell him what his presents were but she wouldn't say a word. The morning of his birthday, as soon as she woke up, she came in our room and said "Happy Birthday daddy! We got you fishies, and chocolate covered raisens, and..." and told him exactly everything we had gotten him. She was so proud of herself for waiting until his birthday to tell him too! It was so cute. As you can tell, a yearly repeat on the gifts is sweedish fish and chocolate covered raisens, two of his favorite treats. After his hunt we nibbled on treats and the kids helped me make a chocolate cake. They had a blast frosting it. When Lily was finished with her turn, the spatula was covered in frosting and so was she. We were all pretty sugared out before church, but we were ready for more after dinner. We had Bob and Margene over for dinner, roast and potatoes, Adam's favorite, and cake and ice cream. We had a fun day. We love birthdays! I love you Adam and hope you did have an aweome birthday!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

It is so fun to celebrate birthdays with the kids :) So much for surprises haha.. (Our hubbys share the exact same birthday)

apm22 said...

Thanks Babe!!! I love you! You make my life so wonderful!