I love a song I heard on a children's cd a few years ago,
Make new friends but keep the old
One is silver and the other gold.
Circle round that has no end
That's how long I want to be your friend.
This post is a tribute and thank you to all of my absolutely amazing and wonderful friends!
Emily I am really going to miss you! Oh great, now I am crying! Thank you so much for watching the girls for so long on Saturday and for being such a great friend. It has been a treat being your neighbor all over again, and I wish it could stay that way! I am going to miss our park days and our phone conversations and watching the kids play and become friends. Thanks for all the great times!
Margene and Bob, we are going to miss you guys so much! The girls and I will especially miss our weekly visits to Wal-Mart. What is a trip to Wal-Mart without a visit to you? We love you and appreciate you so much!
Ms. Marwitz, We are all going to miss you! Ammon has loved having you as a teacher and I am so thankful to you for all of your hard work for him and your class. Thank you so much!
Don and Kelly, Thanks so much for being great neighbors! Lily will truly miss Olivia and so will I! Natalya, Lily will really miss the dance parties and dress-ups! Thanks for being her friend.
Spencer, Ammon is going to miss playing with you at school and Emily I am going to miss you! Thanks for your recipes and creative ideas!
Sarah, I am really going to miss Sunday's in nursery with you, and all the sweet little nursery kids! I love them all!
Ben and Amanda, thank you for welcoming us into the ward and for being our friends! Thank you for the book too! You guys are great!
Thank you to all who helped load our truck and sacrificed precious Saturday time to help us out!
Thanks to the kids primary teachers and all our friends who I haven't listed by name. You are all in our hearts and in our memories forever! This is one part of moving I really don't like. I dread saying goodbye to friends and memories. It all happens so quick and you never realize just how awesome the every day things are until they are gone. We are always happy wherever we live and we always make friends and memories, but there is always the sadness of leaving what is comfortable, happy and safe right now. We are looking forward to getting settled in Reno, well actually we'll be in Sparks, and hopefully breaking a record for our length of time in one place. So far in our eight years of marriage, the longest we have been in one place is two years and nine months. Do you think we will beat it? We better!! This will be our fifth state to state or across state move in the past two and half years. I am getting tired of it, and so are our boxes! I don't think they'll make it another move, so we are saying goodbye to them forever when we unpack them. Thank you boxes for lasting for so long. I get confused about what is in each box because there is so much crossed out and written around it... It's almost like reading a story when you read our boxes! Ha ha.
Thank you again to all of my amazing friends I have made here and to all I have made in all the other places we have lived. We love you and we will miss you!
3 comments:
i am glad shanna found your blog for us ! you look great and your kids are so cute they look alot like you! where are you moving to? arent you in st george?
Best of luck in Sparks! I can't believe how big Ammon is! I hope saying goodbye to your boxes brings you good luck, ours are waiting in the loft, right now we are setting our record for the longest time in one place.
We're going to miss having you guys here! How's the move been so far?
Post a Comment