Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mr. Peabody's Apples


How do you get the image of the book on your blog? You'll have to click on the box to see the cover, sorry I am not computer savvy!
The kids and I just read a great book that I wanted to share. Surprisingly it was by Madonna. I was pleased that she wrote a book that actually taught something good. Maybe I am passing judgement on her as she tells us not to in her book? Anyway, this book was awesome and the art work was fantastic! The kids loved the story and the pictures and I loved the message it taught. It tells about Mr. Peabody, who is a teacher and a baseball coach in a small town. Every Saturday after his game he stops at the market and picks a red apple from the stands outside and goes on his way. Well, one day a boy sees him and tells others and they watch the next week and soon all of the town thinks he is a thief and then none of the boys show up for his game on Saturday. He finds out and works it out with the boy. He always pays for his apple on Saturday mornings when he picks up his milk. He teaches the little boy that it would be impossible to undo the damage he caused by what he told the townspeople, just like gathering all the feathers from a torn feather pillow on a windy day. So, be careful of what you say and think of others because you never know their circumstances. I thought it was great advice, thanks Madonna!

No comments: