Monday, July 7, 2008
There's a what in the pool?!
On Wednesday morning I sent Ammon outside to water my tomato plant in the backyard. He came running inside telling me I had to come out and see something fast! He was pretty intense about it. So I go out and what do I find laying in our little kiddie pool? A poor little mouse! So sad. The poor little guy must have climbed up exploring or maybe trying to get a drink, and that was the end of that. The kids were really sad about it. I didn't want to get it out right then because we needed to leave soon and I wanted to make sure we all ready to leave before I spent my time removing the mouse, cleaning, sanitizing... Well, Ammon came up and was trying to tell me something through the bathroom door while I was in the shower and of course I couldn't hear what he was saying so I just told him to wait and I'd be out in a minute. As soon as I came out of my room he told me very proudly that he and Lily had gotten the mouse out all by themselves! Yeah! Gross! You did what?! I wasn't as happy about their help as they were. I felt bad for making them feel so bad, but I was so worried about germs, diseases...you know. So I got outside and I asked them how they got the mouse out and Lily said she used her fork from her tea set. Yuck! Ammon said, "Mom, I laid him over there in the sun so he can dry out and then run away!" "Oh, sweetie, the mouse isn't going to run away," I said. "Why not?" he aked. So I had to explain about drowining, and dying and such and then Ammon said, "Oh, so he is going to go to heaven, but first he has to get stinky." "That's right!" I said trying not to laugh. The kids wanted me to bury him but I decided to just throw him in the garbage can. I couldn't get myself to take a picture of the poor dead thing so sorry I have no gruesome pictures to show of our hilarious story. So, that was Wednesday and garbage day is Thursday. I didn't think it would be a very big deal to have it in there for one day...Well, the garbage man didn't come until way late afternoon and our big black garbage can sat there roasting in the hot vegas sun all day with the stinky dead mouse inside and so now our garbage can reaks! So disgusting! Also, I had to drain the pool, scrub the pool, sanitize the pool, wash the patio, sanitize the patio, all the toys I thought would have come in contact with grems... It was quite an ordeal taking care of it all. Funny memory though.
1 comment:
That is so hilarious and gross at the same time. Leave it up to kids to not understand how gross picking up a dead mouse is. Your blog is looking really cute!!! Give me a call if you need any help figuring things out...even though it looks like you have!!!
Post a Comment