Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Month, Already!

Today 9/30/09
09/27/09


09/29/09

09/29/09



09/27/09
So I didn't take a picture on the 28th, but here are several right around him being one month. I can't believe it has already been one whole month. Scottorn is such a joy! He is a very happy and easy baby. He is a good sleeper and doesn't cry too much. He is learning about crying though and is doing more of it, but still not too much. The first two weeks or maybe closer to three, he hardly cried at all. He is so mellow. I absolutely love having him around and the kids love him too! They love to hold him. Anna loves to pet his head and kiss him and she always says,"Cute baby cute!" She loves her baby brother so much!
On 9/2/9, almost one week, he was 20 inches (they can shrink after they are born because their heads aren't as cone shaped as when they are born) and he was 7 lbs 8 oz. At almost three weeks (9/16/9) he was 21 1/2 inches and 9.2 lbs! So, in two weeks he grew an inch and a half and gained 1 pound 10 ounces! That is 13 ounces a week! I thought Anna was gaining a ton, an average of 8 ounces a week. This little guy may just end up being a chubbier baby than his big sister was! Today, on my scale he is 11 1/2 pounds, but that is with clothes and a diaper, so probably around 11. He is getting chubby everywhere and I love it! He is so much fun!!!! It is funny how much I love to hold him. I miss holding him at night while he is sleeping, even though he is right next to me on the bed. I remember feeling that way with Anna too. It is amazing how a mother's arms long to hold her baby. I feel so blessed to have him and my other three children as well. I truly have everything I could ever ask for.




2 comments:

Nicki G said...

Looks like his cheeks might get bigger than Anna's! He is so cute - it is sad that they grow so fast, but fun because they change so much.

Alveybunch said...

He's quite a cute little man and looks so much like your other kids! Love the updates! Hope you're doing well.