
I celebrated my 29th birthday last Tuesday. Thanks to an amazing husband, four sweet children and very thoughtful family and friends, I had a wonderful day. I had to go grocery shopping (it was the 1st) which I would have preferred to just stay home, but it wasn't bad at all. Lily and Anna helped me bake a lemon bundt cake. Adam was going to buy me one from this bakery called
Nothing Bundt Cakes, but I wouldn't let him because they were $30.00! I told him I'd gladly make it and the girls would have a blast helping me. Besides, it isn't that hard to make a cake from a mix in a box. I enjoyed the afternoon with the girls and then after we got Ammon from school we headed to Macaroni Grill for dinner. The food was good and they brought me out an awesome piece of chocolate cake. Needless to say, we didn't eat my cake when we got home. But we did enjoy the next two days in a row! I made an orange glaze frosting for it and it was delicious! Adam totally spoiled me with gifts, as usual. I got sweet cards from each of the kids and hugs and kisses from them too, a nice white dress coat, a mirror for my hallway, socks and new knives! I have never been so excited to cut up food before. It is amazing how much of a difference a good knife can make! I also got two collage frames for my hallway from my mom and some clothes and money from Adam's parents. I also got calls, messages or texts from all my family and many friends. My dad sent a great big birthday hug through the phone for me too! I was also glad to get phone calls from my grandparents. I love them all so much and love to hear their voices. I wish I was closer so I could see them and all my family more... All in all it was a great day. Thank you to all of you for helping me to feel loved and special on my birthday.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Keyonna. Sounds like you had a great day!
happy b-day! what a great day!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!
Glad you had a great day. I love lemon poppy seed cake so now I am going to try it with orange glaze. Scottorn is getting so big. What a cutie!!! I can't beleive how big Anna is. Wow what a fun time for you.
Post a Comment